In this recorded information session, Cathy Olsson explains how to access NDIS funding for Key Word Sign supports so that you can get the most out of your NDIS plan.
You will learn:
- Why and how does KWS ‘fit’ as an NDIS funded support for participants (6:43)
- Understanding who’s who in the NDIS (12:19)
- Types of plan management (13:45)
- Examples of goals involving KWS that related to NDIS support (24:10)
- Support categories in plans (32:04)
- Supports to request, and information to provide to Planners (41:03)
- Which NDIS support items do KWS supports sit within (57:42) • How to get KWS into an upcoming plan (1:00:22)
- Getting KWS supports funded within existing Plans (1:01:26)
- Current KWS resources available to go in plans (1:02:34)
- Hear Rachel’s experience with getting KWS support into her daughter’s plan (1:03:46)
Cathy Olsson is knowledgeable about delivery of speech and communication related supports within the National Disability Insurance Scheme. She worked as the National Advisor Disability for Speech Pathology Australia between 2013 and 2020 and has also been offering services to participants as an Independent sole trader private practice speech pathologist in South Australia.